According to a survey by Recreational Boating and Fishing Foundation (RBBF), 90% of Americans believe that boating reduces stress and is a great way to spend quality time with family and friends. To quote Kenneth Grahame, a British writer “There is nothing- absolutely nothing – half so much worth doing as simply messing about in boats.” This is true as recreational boating ranks high as the #1 leisure activity for Americans.
If you are planning on buying a boat, the first step is to determine the type of boat that will suit your needs. You can find different types of boats catering to three main activities: cruising, fishing and water sports. You may opt for a new or pre-owned boat, but which brand of boat do you go for? There is no confusion here because there can be nothing better than the leader in boat craftsmanship – Chris Craft.
Chris Craft is a name that is synonymous with boat craftsmanship and quality. Established in 1874, Chris Craft turns 142 years old in 2016. The legend of Christ Craft began when Christopher Columbus Smith dreamt of building the finest fishing and duck hunting boat. His first rowboat was launched in 1876. He continued building boats that offered great speed. In 1904, Smith was the first recipient of the Gold Cup, the oldest active trophy in motor sports. As the demand for speed boats grew the company started designing and manufacturing its own engines. Vintage models of the company’s boats are treasured by antique-boat collectors even today.
During the course of time, the company changed multiple hands and is now owned by Stellican Ltd., under the brand-name Chris Craft Inc. What makes a Chris Craft boat unique is that though each model is refreshing and new, the base idea comes from its old designs. It is not designed to resemble other boats trending in the market. So if you want to get noticed, then a Chris Craft is the boat to own.
Here are a few standards that every Chris Craft boat adheres to.
- Timeless Design – Each design of Chris Craft is inspired from its past and a reminder of its rich American heritage.
- Durability – You can see Chris Craft boats from the 60’s and 70’s still plying today. The boats are built using a 6-step lamination technique with quality-control monitoring at each step.
- Agility – The boats provide excellent handling and are renowned for its speed.
- Comfort – The boats feature an excellent use of space that is stylish and comfortable. The seat backs are all angled and multiple density foams are used to provide support wherever required.
- Traditional Craftsmanship – Each boat is designed using the fusion of technology and traditional hands-on boat making technique. Even today a Chris Craft can be recognized by its hand-crafted teak deck.
It is said that years ago, when Chris Craft launched a model called ‘Mad Wilmar’, a New York banker purchased it to commute from his home in Long Island Sound to a dock at the base of Wall Street from where he used to walk to his office. This idyllic way to go to work was probably something that Chris Smith had envisioned when he crafted beautiful designs of boats. To find the right Chris Craft boat that suits your need, consider visiting Long Island’s boat dealer – Dave Bofill Marine Inc.
There is nothing to match the cruising experience that this brand of boat can give you. If you are someone who appreciates the finer things in life, then a Chris Craft would be the right choice.